Creamsicles were a favorite childhood treat – but as an adult, I try to avoid desserts loaded with artificial flavors.
That’s why I decided to experiment and create a healthy creamsicle smoothie recipe. The combination of pineapple and carrots creates a delicious, naturally creamy flavor without dairy. As an added bonus, this recipe is gluten-free and can easily be incorporated into a vegetarian or vegan diet.
What You’ll Need
- 1.5 cups of pineapple (cubed)
- A handful of shredded carrots
- 1 small celery stick (optional)
- A dash of lemon juice
- 1 cup of ice
How to Make It
- Put the pineapple, shredded carrots, and celery (optional) in the blender. I prefer to shred the carrots (or purchase them pre-shredded) because it helps to create a creamier texture. The celery is optional, but it’s a nice way to add another vegetable to the mix without changing the flavor of the smoothie.
- Add the lemon juice. You can use freshly squeezed lemon juice or bottled organic lemon juice.
- Add the cup of ice.
- Press the “juice” setting on your blender. If your blender does not have this setting, start at the lowest setting for approximately 10 seconds and slowly increase the speed every 5 seconds after. Stay on the highest setting for about 20 seconds.
Consume immediately for optimal freshness.